Each year, we are blessed with a volunteer to teach English classes, generally seventh through ninth grades. While a degree in education is certainly beneficial, it is not a requirement for our internship. Neither is it necessary to speak Spanish. We are looking for someone to share the love of Jesus with young people and to respectfully manage classroom discipline while teaching basic English (as a
An established English curriculum with lesson plans is provided, though we welcome the fresh ideas and styles of each intern to teach using creative avenues such as music, drama, and innovative activities. In addition to teaching English classes, interns offer an elective class based on their talents and skills. Apart from classroom responsibilities, interns serve the ministry through extra-curricular responsibilities, group hosting, and community outreach.
The school calendar starts the 1st Monday of February and ends the final Friday of October. We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to the full academic year; however, we will consider accepting volunteers for a semester. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to fill out and submit the online form below. We will follow up with an email. Three recommendations are required, one from current pastor and 2 from non-family members. Serving at IER is an opportunity to invest in the lives of the future.
Applicants must currently be involved at a local church, to the extent that someone from the church staff could give a strong recommendation for the applicant, regarding applicant’s involvement, integrity, work ethic, and leadership. In addition to the recommendation, the volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- At least age 21 & able to live independently
- Heart to serve IER vision, & submit to authority
- Be flexible & work well with administrators, teachers, & students
- Ability to maintain classroom discipline and teach adolescents
- Spiritually, emotionally, physically, & mentally healthy
- Able to fully commit to the internship for the agreed upon duration
- Raise necessary funds before arrival in Honduras
- Two additional personal recommendations, from non-family members (mentor, teacher, boss, etc)